Your Stories and Feedback

October 5, 2012

We’d love to hear your stories and feedback!

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Gregg Muller December 12, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Took some friends, and their family from China, to Blinman to see this and we were all amazed. A great tour that gives a fascinating insight into the history of the mine and how it worked. Special thanks to Susan, our tour guide, who explained things so clearly that our interpreter had no trouble translating to our non-English speakers. Not to be missed and it’s so easy to get to. You don’t need a 4 wheel drive… it’s bitumen road all the way from Adelaide and close to Wilpena Pound and Rawnsley Park. I’ll certainly be coming back.

2 Mercia April 6, 2016 at 11:01 am

Hi,

Thank you for the wonderful experience with had in Blinman Heritage Mine tour. Special mention our tour guide Sheree. We hope you will get more visitors to come to Blinman for the Underground experience. We also have feature you in our websites. You can check it out here.

Mercia

3 Linda June 10, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Hi, my husband, daughter and I did the tour Sunday 8th June, 2014 and enjoyed it immensely…we were running a little late but Dean (the tour operator) stayed at the office right on the dot before leaving to start the tour, therefore we joined in…! Dean made the tour very enjoyable and his wealth of knowledge made it very interesting. We would recommend this tour to anyone that is travelling trough/to the Flinders, as you will not be disappointed…!

4 Victoria April 30, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Hello there,
I am from the big Belair school camp 2014 in the Blinman mine.
I really enjoyed going through the mine and learning lot about history and I want to come again

5 Shaz & Chilli November 12, 2013 at 1:24 pm

The mine tour was sensational! We highly recommend it for any age/character. The host was superb, Sheree thank you so so much- we had a wonderful time in Blinman; what a remarkable town. : ))

6 Mary August 15, 2013 at 12:33 pm

If you are in the Flinders Ranges, don’t miss this tour. The history of the mine, past and recent, is beautifully presented by enthusiastic local resident guides who have embraced the history wholeheartedly.

7 Geoff Eaton October 5, 2012 at 11:05 am

You have a great little town, having visited it many times since 1958 when I was a young boy and have taken by children to your area when they were young. I have very fond memories of your area. The last time I visited was last year. My family were caught in some heavy rains in that year on our way back to Adelaide from Parachilna in the September of 1958 (or thereabouts).

It started in the Parachilna Gorge but we were able to make our way through. I can recall being held up on one of the old fettler camps just out of Hawker for a few days (as the Parachilna Hawker Road became impassible) and the assistance which was given to us by a guy who managed a station near Blinman, I believe he had the surname of Carr (but I could be wrong) age? Would you be able to advise me if there was a property manager by that surname and the name of the station. My father was in the South Australia Police and investigated a murder in your district a couple of years earlier (1956).

I can recall Dad dropping in to see a witness who lived in the town it was on the western side of the town at the southern end in the vicinity of the old pug and pine cottage.

I don’t know whether you have any detail on that matter as well.

Regards Geoff

8 Tim August 31, 2012 at 6:06 pm

This is a fantastic way to spend an afternoon. My son and I had a great tour last year. Number 25 I reckon… Bet there’s been a few since then!